Wall Framing Question

HumbleChief

I don't use the wall framing details very often but have a condition I would like to show but Chief isn't framing that wall in a way that seems usable.

As can seen in the attached pic there's all kinds of strange anomalies - header is weird; no trimmers; sill come up short etc. Is there a setting I should know about that will give a more accurate detail? Or does one just move stuff around manually?

post-302-0-77662200-1467732607_thumb.png

Here's the plan;

WALL FRAMING 1.plan

Larry, This sort of thing is typical for me and there are always manual adjustments to be made. Unfortunately some of the functionality was lost with X8. Some things were fixed for editing lintels with update 18.3.0.47

3.8 Framing

• Fixed an issue that caused the Temporary Dimensions and selection

feedback for a selected header in a Wall Detail view to be incorrect.

I put in a request to tech last week to fix the other functions we had in X7 "Other framing that has to interact with the lintels when edited has no snap function. When the extend tool is used the framing members go clear through to the mid point of the lintel without recognizing the snaps at the upper and lower boundaries of the lintel."

There are other problems but I asked to have the X7 functions restored as a start.

look here. This is oob. I use a king stud and trimmer as standard but as we all know sometimes you need a 4x4 post.

Thanks Perry - that helped 'a little' but still unusable for any kind of accurate framing detail. I'll just take care of it manually.