Slow search

TonyM62

Go to solution Solved by BrownTiger,

Hi Everyone,

First, I would like to thank you all for posting here. I have found many answers to my questions in the past without having to post questions. I've posted once previously. Still would like to learn more about the construction side of things if only to better understand what I'm drawing. I've only been drawing (off and on) about 6 years so still much to learn.

My question today though is about the software itself. Is anyone having time issues when doing a search in the Library Browser? When I start typing the first or second letter the little blue spinning ("please wait I'll be right with you") icon pops up. My wait times have been between 30 and 45 seconds. Is this normal. I have a relatively fast machine Windows 10, i5, 8gigs, etc. Is there a setting in Chief or Windows that might help speed up the search process?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tony

• Solution

That was one of my suggestions to Chief Architect team <here>. I doubt anyone wants to search on one letter only, like "e". (egress)

Chief expects you to be a fast typer and be able to enter few letters before search executes.

Search time depends on number of catalogs and user items you have. If you install every possible catalog it will take some time to search. Letter "e" has known frequency of "12" (over 50%)