sloped wall

stager386

Here is the vid.

https://youtu.be/kljMzOAY0vo  no good

https://youtu.be/uBzE-5dxbxA  

Good video Scott.  Thank you.  A couple quick questions and comments...

1.  Could you possibly attach a sample of your plan?  You only showed standard render views in your video and I'm curious about the specifics as well as what the vector views look like.  I tried the roof cuts wall at bottom method before making my video but the problem I was having was all the extraneous lines (which is really what I was trying to address with the somewhat messy method I was using).

2.  In my defense, I didn't actually use any p-solids, just modified wall definitions and I was only trying to help create cleaner interior renderings.  I have to do a lot of interior detail renderings myself and those extraneous lines can really be a big deal. 

On a side note, the multiple walls method I utilized whether or not the best solution for this particular instance is really a useful technique for a lot of circumstances.  I use it for custom windows, shadow boxes/niches, and other situations where wall connections otherwise cause those extra lines some of us really need to get rid of.  And actually, P.S. it's more accurate in some situations where drywall and/or sheathing continues but the actual wall framing does not, which occurs in some of those roof cuts wall at bottom scenarios.  Actually, for the most accurate model there's a good chance I might combine the 2 techniques.

Anyway, I agree that the roof cuts wall method at bottom is probably the way to go...IF I can see evidence of some way it can be done without those extra lines.

Here it is Michael,  I meant to and i should of posted it with being asked,  my bad.

FYI,  the vector view tends to have a few "nasty" little lines that should not be there in vector view.

Thank you Scott, that's kinda what I suspected.  Just realized there's a simple solution to that problem though...

Put those 2 walls on their own layer and set the line style to the blank line style in the necessary layer sets.  That should probably solve that for a good handful of similar situations. 

EDIT: Just realized that this solution still doesn't totally solve the problem as it only works very well if all adjacent walls/ceilings have normal line settings or else the corners disappear.  Also doesn't help the line drawn rendering style at all.  So, it may work for a lot of situations but not all. 

P.S.  Just a little tidbit I discovered recently...when you want to select the blank line style, just scroll all the way to the very bottom of the dropdown list.  This will put the blank linestyle at the very top.  Super quick way to get to it.  

Yes Scott, that's it, you know Chief has gotten better over the years with dormer type walls. It use to be a lot more trouble. Putting those little triangle walls in the upper attic works all the time, you da man buddy.

P.S.  Just a little tidbit I discovered recently...when you want to select the blank line style, just scroll all the way to the very bottom of the dropdown list.  This will put the blank linestyle at the very top.  Super quick way to get to it. 

Michael,

Doesn't work on my machine.

Wouldn't this be dependant on screen resolution?

I know that using a custom line type from the library will muck that up because those line types get added to  the bottom of the drop down list.

Michael,

Doesn't work on my machine.

Wouldn't this be dependant on screen resolution?

I know that using a custom line type from the library will muck that up because those line types get added to the bottom of the drop down list.

Aww man! That's too bad. Maybe I should remove my "tip" from the Tips & Techniques section. And maybe you're right about the resolution thing, I don't know, and I also never realized that custom line types get added to the list. Thanks.

I do know this...I almost never use custom line types and I definitely don't have them in my template plans so the trick works for me anyway. Sorry it doesn't work for you. Its an awesome little timesaver for me.