Is There a Way To Reverse Layers in the Roof Structure DBX?

HumbleChief

Seems crazy I don't know the answer to this but is there a way to add layers 'under' roof structures? Like a layer of underlayment 'under' the roof? All the inserted layers end up on top of the current layer. I can add a layer on top of the roof structure, which will end up under the roofing but am curious if there's a way to add a layer 'under' and existing layer somehow?

Sure you can just move the arrow down Larry. Sorry you want underlayment between the layers not under or over. That is a bug. You have to add on top or below then rearrange your thicknesses and materials.

Ignore all that if your DBX looks the same as mine select layer 2 and click insert.

post-4797-0-22155800-1467339420_thumb.jpg

Ok here is my conclusion:

select layer 1 and then insert to add above

select layer 2 and then insert to add to middle

select layer 1 and move layer arrow down to add to bottom (not in Help File)

• 5 months later...

Nice Video Chop, and nice microphone too. Was wondering, have you found a way add a layer below the first data box with the 9 1/4" as the only box? Say you start with the 9 1/4" lumber, can you add a box below that?

Would really love to have a simple ordering dbx to add to the flexibility of a mis-ordered layer.

Yes, the same theory holds true for that situation.  Make sure that the 9 1/4" box is not highlighted and click once below the layer indicator arrow on the layer illustration.

And yes it would be nice to be able to reorganize a multi layer setup but just to be able to build it the way you want should help.