Bathroom tile patterns

Griffin

Go to solution Solved by Richard_Morrison,

Someone more clever than I might be able to figure this out:

...Trying to show two tile patterns in a bathroom using a 4x8" tile with a 2x2" tile border starting with two room polylines.  

When I get all the tile lines registered and then make a CAD block of the two polylines, the tile registrations shifts an inch or so so it looks like that approach will not work.

If I just use one polyline, the bath fixtures are covered up as these does not seem to be a way to bring library items to the front.  

When I try a transparent fill for tile in the room dialogue, it still covers the polylines below.

post-10777-0-50846200-1467227126_thumb.png

Hi Joey, thx.

The Floor Materials Region seems to have the same properties as the polyline unless I'm missing something, which means that I can't put it under a library item.

I can move the symbols to CAD and them bring them back in as lines, but then I need to have the some phantom symbols off the Layout page to get the schedules to work correctly. 

I was hoping for a more elegant approach!

post-10777-0-71933600-1467230837_thumb.png

Hi Joey, thx.

The Floor Materials Region seems to have the same properties as the polyline unless I'm missing something, which means that I can't put it under a library item.

I can move the symbols to CAD and them bring them back in as lines, but then I need to have the some phantom symbols off the Layout page to get the schedules to work correctly. 

I was hoping for a more elegant approach!

Click on the Line Style tab and under Drawing Group, select Back Group.

Click on the Line Style tab and under Drawing Group, select Back Group.

This has worked for me in the past with some success. I usually move things to the front and sometimes forget to try the "move to back group." Sometimes, that just works better.

Mike

• 2 years later...
On 6/30/2016 at 9:39 AM, Ridge_Runner said:

Griffin, if you don't mind my asking, what is that hand-drawn-like font you are using? I like that.

Mike

I agree on the font... anyone have an idea what it is?