What Does Chief Snap To When All Snaps are Off?

HumbleChief

Larry,  Maybe you could demonstrate the other cases because I am quite curious, but in the case of your electrical schedule I believe the snapping behavior seen in your video is just the text being squeezed and requiring another line, although I could not see the whole schedule.

Larry, Maybe you could demonstrate the other cases because I am quite curious, but in the case of your electrical schedule I believe the snapping behavior seen in your video is just the text being squeezed and requiring another line, although I could not see the whole schedule.

I think you might be onto something. Those schedules are font/text based and so that jump is probably the distance of a single space.

Larry,  Maybe you could demonstrate the other cases because I am quite curious, but in the case of your electrical schedule I believe the snapping behavior seen in your video is just the text being squeezed and requiring another line, although I could not see the whole schedule.

That's a good call Chop but doesn't seem to be the case as none of the text wraps during any of the snaps.

Just got back to the office and tested out...I'm about 99.99% certain it's the width of a single space.  Test it with different text size settings and it becomes pretty apparent.

Makes sense, and hard to imagine text increasing at a steady, smooth rate, though I have to admit I did expect that to happen.

Doesn't holding down Ctrl and X allow smooth re-sizing of anything ?

No this does not seem to work for schedules.

Would blocking the schedule allow that ?

Yes I like this and did not know this was even possible. If you Shift select a schedule you can cad block it and then resize from a corner and then explode and you are back in service. I used to tinker with the text size and the crazy fractions to resize my schedules but this is much better.

Thanks soo much J.J.

Chopsaw

Sorry,  That would still be no here.  Do you think there is some setting that controls that? 

There must be.  Not sure what it is though.  I hadn't really played with it much...just in passing, but I tested again and realized I don't even have to hold down the control key to get no jumping using the 2 outside handles.  Strange.

MIchael,  Can you get the text to resize and everything that way?  And I assume you are 18.3.1.2 updated.  Maybe you could do a video if you have time on the weekend.

Chopsaw.

Oh no, can't get text to resize like that.  Chief doesn't work that way.  Even using the block and resize technique it isn't working.  Notice that the schedule is no longer live and that you can't explode the block to get it live again without returning to its original size (Size factors of 1.00 and 1.00).

Ahh,  I have been meaning to ask what screen capture software you are using because your vid's are always so good and now I will have to do a my own video on this subject to prove that it does work when you follow the directions.  True I did not think it would work myself so that is why I tested it.

Ahh,  I have been meaning to ask what screen capture software you are using because your vid's are always so good and now I will have to do a my own video on this subject to prove that it does work when you follow the directions.  True I did not think it would work myself so that is why I tested it.

I use Snagit.  And I actually didn't realize we were talking about resizing text until your second to last post I thought we were just talking about resizing the schedule box side to side.  Anyway, having said that, you are correct.  The schedule can be blocked, resized, and exploded.  It just needs to be done with the corner edit handle (I missed that part the first time).  It also works using the dbx so long as the size factors are equal.

Thanks for the pointers Jere and Chop.