Light switch for stairway

Griffin

Go to solution Solved by joey_martin,

I asked exactly same question. before. Electrical wires would not attach to the note, another switch would not switch to 3 way....

>  I don't see why a person couldn't just create a custom electrical symbol and just replace the CAD block with an arrow.            

I tried and failed. It would be nice reusable component. It is a shame that CA does not include "electrical" arrow.

I made skp arrow, replaced 3d was wrong.

Like this...

@joey_martin ... I have seen your PDF layouts and they are phenomenal. Would you mind sharing what is that?

Is that a electrical symbol?

It's simply a 3-Way switch from the library connected to a light from the library. The line with the arrow is simply that, a line with an arrow placed on the ELECTRICAL, CONNECTIONS layer, and a note. Nothing more than that.

What about 3D look? Other issue I had with it wanting to attach to walls...

Never mind,  you said it is just a line with an arrow, not a switch Alaskan_Son suggested.

The switch is a switch. In the library under electrical you can select a 3-way switch. You don't have to use the switches from the tool bar. The light is also from the library. Everything is fine in 3D. Only the secondary connection is a line w/ arrow. Just like on the floor below the primary connection from the switch is a connection, then a line w/ arrow to signify the connection to the floor above.

I was trying to create a new symbol. Take switch, update 3d geometry with a dot, update 2d with an arrow. 

On 3d model i would get unable to find  a face

I probably wouldn't even mess with the 3D.  I would just put the thing on its own layer and simply turn that layer off in 3D.