Still get warning about using Chief Beta version?

AlwaysEastern

I haven't had time to address this till now. Does anyone else get warning messages when starting a new plan that say "This file was generated by a pre-release or beta version of Chief...."?

I loaded the final X8 version when it was released and subsequently updated all new versions since and I still get a warning message every time.

post-255-0-69203200-1467173217_thumb.jpg

post-255-0-21403000-1467173238_thumb.jpg

You need to update your template plan file. I believe you are opening a template file that was from Beta. Go to File --> Templates --->New Template From plan file, once you open a plan it will prompt you regarding associating this as your new Template file. This should lock it into the new plan file.

Ok, thanks Alan. I have never changed my new plan default. I open my templates from "open plan". I use the "new plan" for creating symbols or testing out workarounds etc. I checked some of Chief's templates and they all give the same warning. Somehow Chief X8 Data/Templates are all from the old X8 beta version. What does your "Date modified" show for any of your Chief templates. Mine show they are from November 2015.

Getting late - calling it quits for now - hopefully you did the same

X8 Template folder is correct. There is no sign of a Beta folder.

Since I don't use Chief's templates, I am going to save a new X8 default plan template and call it a day. When X9 comes a long I will make sure to delete any versions of the Beta before installing new.

Thanks for the help Alan!

Your template plans were either installed by or saved with the beta version.  Updating the beta version to the release version will not automatically update your templates, even if you uninstall and reinstall the program.

If you are using your own custom templates, then you just need to open them and save them with the most current release version.

If you are only using the templates that were installed with Chief, you can just rename your templates folder.  When you next run the program, it will automatically copy the newer templates that were installed into your new templates folder.

If you need more help, contact tech support.