Solid railing with 10" baluster on top

Scottb

You could try two railings stacked on top of each other  1 32" solid Railing with 10 spindle rail on top with No Room Definition and No Locate.  I am sure there will be other suggestions but I think this is what I would try first.

post-4797-0-62045300-1467163889_thumb.jpg

You could try two railings stacked on top of each other  1 32" solid Railing with 10 spindle rail on top with No Room Definition and No Locate.  I am sure there will be other suggestions but I think this is what I would try first.

yes that is exactly the way, but also you can make a panel of your stacked railing and use as one railing wall for simplicity.

Yusuf,  Thank you for that, If you needed to do more than just a few, that would be the way to do it for sure because it is a little tricky to set them up editing default wall heights etc.  Here is the Tutorial on that method: https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-02893/creating-custom-balusters-and-railing-panels.html

There might be some trick that I missed but this is about the best I could figure with that method. See Below.

post-4797-0-91120200-1467173364_thumb.jpg

I am not sure how to make a railing wall on top of a railing wall? Am I missing something?

What  I have done in the past is to use a base cabinet and make it 5" with a counter and no backsplash.  Turn the cabinet around to face the wall and put the spindle railing from the library on the counter top.  Has anyone tried this?

Sorry to keep you all in suspense. Here is what I did.

Build your 32" Solid railing wall with room definition and copy paste hold position to upper level then convert to normal wall with no locate and no room definition and copy paste hold position back down on top of other railing wall. Then manually in elevation view raise default wall bottom height to 32" and convert to 10" railing wall with your custom specifications.

Like I said before might not be the only way, or the best way, and a little confusing, but I did try a Pony wall first and that should have worked, but not for me.

post-4797-0-33973200-1467333381_thumb.jpg

X8 Sample Double Railing.plan