Inward Opening Door - position in wall

FelthamUK

Not sure I'm following you correctly or not, but I think the only way to get what you're after might be to create a Doorway at that location, build a no room definition wall (with whatever wall type and thickness you need) resized in plan and elevation view so it fits perfectly in the opening, then create a door that fills that no room definition wall.

Here's a real example in action. French door, inward opening. I want sidelights to be say 2" back from front of brickwork and inward opening doors aligned with the glass. This is very common over here in apartment buildings with Juliette balconies. The attached is a mulled unit, I have full control over window placement but not doors so I get a real messy result.

Also, my sills don't show up.

Any thoughts?

post-1131-0-71707500-1467202007_thumb.jpg

post-1131-0-62747000-1467202024_thumb.jpg

Hi FelthamUK,

I'm sort of asking these questions myself under the below forum topic on this forum & HDP as considering to buy one or the other if flexible enough :-

• UK Construction with Chief Architect or Home Designer Pro

Not a user yet (may be) I'm surprised some of these issues can't be done manually i.e. move tool, if no control is available to locate windows/doors on creation via the window/door menu from a wall face.

I was also thinking, can CA or HDP let the user just create ones own pre-drawn 3D window/door set  as a symbol & just insert it into an existing made opening or both at the same time. I sometimes have to do this with DataCAD & SketchUp-Pro as a work-around. However I've no idea how easy this is to do in CA or HDP.

Over & out,

CJT1963

I was playing around with this a bit. I had some success using a 2 wall system and using mulled doors from Marvin catalogue with a doorway in wall directly in front of unit. Might be something to try. Post a plan to see what kind of walls you are using, it is workable just details in layers and thicknesses.