U Stair 3 clicks--cool, but does anyone know how to space them correctly?

zowie123

Go to solution Solved by Joe_Carrick,

Hello!

It's pretty awesome that we can create a U stair in 3 clicks, but does anyone know how to control it?

Straight stair one way, straight stair the other way, click at the top where you want the landing landing and voila!  But how to space them correctly while doing this?

Once you place them, the landing is broken up and it takes many moves to get them to be spaced where they need to be..

Temporary dimensions dimension to the stair which can't be seen through the overlapping rail...

Anyway, has anyone figured out how to work this powerful tool efficiently?

Example: 36" stair, make one in one direction, then you slide up and make one in the other direction...but you need 1.5" between them to allow hand room where the railing pass each other.

So now I'm drawing cad lines and measurements and I'm into with many many clicks. 

Thank you for considering,

Barry

• Solution

1.  Make the 1st stair run (36" wide?)

2.  Copy in Place

3.  Rotate 180

4.  Move 37.5"

5.  Click Landing location.

Personally I like more distance between the Stairs - it makes it easier to trim, paint, etc.  It's also easier to make handrail transitions.

Hi Joe,

I wasn't able to do the click landing after doing what you said, doesn't it have to be done in 3 contiguous moves or the magic runs out?

Is there a way to click landing after interrupting the sequence with the copy past move?

Thanks very much for helping with this, Barry