Sign in to follow this  
solver

Showing Shutters Closed - Arch Top Window

Thought I read a recent post about this but could not find via a search.

I have placed square shutters manually to show as closed, but what about a window with an arch?

post-1284-0-23440400-1466700448_thumb.jpg

If you could do a negative Offset from Side then you would be all set but looks like a totally manual situation to me.  If you converted to symbol then things should function for you ok, but lots of work for something that should be an auto option.  It seems to be ok to do a negative Offset from Bottom.

You might have to resort to p solids. Trace shutter in elevation. If you had panel shutter might be easier than louvers...just sayin.

I think the Delete Surface tool and convert to symbol is your best bet.  A little time consuming but should only take a few minutes...

post-46-0-62809600-1466706166_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys.

To create a symbol, I would need to remove (using the Delete Surface tool) everything but the shutters?

Thanks guys.

To create a symbol, I would need to remove (using the Delete Surface tool) everything but the shutters?

Yep.  A few quick notes...

1.  I usually find it best to turn off as many layers as possible first.

2.  You may find when you create your symbol the first time that you missed some surfaces.  No biggie, just drop the new symbol into a blank plan, delete additional surfaces as necessary, and then Convert to Symbol again.

3.  Just do this for one of the shutters and then Copy/Paste In Place and Reflect to get the second. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1