solver

Frieze Control

I'd like to eliminate the short section of frieze shown in the image -- running down at an angle, and the short bit starting across the front.

Or, at a minimum, have it stop short so it's not wrapping around the front.

Don't see a way to say "no frieze here".

Also don't see a way to convert a frieze to a molding polyline.

Any ideas?

post-1284-0-49635900-1466698554_thumb.jpg

Roofs, Trim layer...unlock it and Remove Moulding From Selected Edge where necessary.  Easiest to do in 3D.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Michael. Layers -- one more place to look.

That's not a freeze, it a ridge or fascia, Chief put all ridges and hips all on the same layers, we really need to be able to adjust those separately. Of course you can turn off auto roof framing and do it manually. Chief please put all roof ridge and hips on their  own layer automatically. And we need more control over the hips and fascia's that show below the ceiling line in camera view and sections. When you pull a roof back, say to a flush beam the fascia shows below the ceiling line. These are just a few we have been dealing with forever. You really shouldn't put a fascia / ridge along where a roof meets a wall, it's a ledger and should be adjusted own their own, and not go beyond into the overhang area.

That's not a freeze, it a ridge or fascia...

That's definitely a frieze molding and it can be removed just like I said. 

• Upvote 1

Just looked at the plan and it is a freeze but a ridge or hip that acts like a ledger will also do that when you don't want it to. I always leave my rafters on in camera view to see them but don't want to see the ledger which is actually a ridge / hip in the framing dbx.

That's definitely a frieze molding and it can be removed just like I said. 

Works perfectly, great suggestion.

+1