Recessed Ceiling Tile

Joe_Carrick

Here's a recessed Ceiling Tile that can be easily used to create a Ceiling Grid.  You can stretch this symbol to fit and replace any tile with a light fixture.  The symbol automatically attaches to the ceiling so it matches light fixture placement.

See post #6 for latest Symbols.  The enhanced versions are better.

• Upvote 1

Here's a recessed Ceiling Tile that can be easily used to create a Ceiling Grid.  You can stretch this symbol to fit and replace any tile with a light fixture.  The symbol automatically attaches to the ceiling so it matches light fixture placement.

The  problem with working with a symbol such as this,  if you are dealing with any angled walls in the plan....  you are SOL.

• Upvote 1

The problem with working with a symbol such as this, if you are dealing with any angled walls in the plan.... you are SOL.

Not really SOL, but you might need a few custom symbols for those conditions. OTOH, the Symbol will position to the bottom of the Ceiling Finish - which means you can have a plenum simply by making your Ceiling Finish in the Room dbx [ structure tab ] a 6"-24" air gap. The Symbol automatically is set to the bottom of that plenum, whatever height it happens to be.

So are you asking me to create a triangular symbol for 45 degree walls?

Maybe you also need an inside corner symbol?

I've made a few changes and added a triangular 24x24 tile.

Note that the z-origin is now offset 3/4" so that the bottom of the tiles align with the ceiling height. They are designed that way so that recessed lights will be flush with the bottom of the tiles. In order for the grid to show in 3D the "Finish Ceiling" of the room needs to be a transparent material such as "Insulation-Air Gap". I generally like to make the ceiling material at least 6" thick - Think of it as a suspended grid.

Also note that these were defined as "Interior Fixtures" and will show a label and be included in the fixture schedule so it's important to suppress the label and un-check the "Include in Schedule" box.

Once a tile is placed in a room and those things have been done, there are 2 basic ways to populate the grid:

1. Multi-Copy Tool
2. Transform/Replicate Tool

I hope this is useful to everyone. Just trying to be helpful ;) and maybe get a couple of rep points

Suspended Ceiling Tiles.zip

• Upvote 4

• 1 year later...