2 Odd Issues

johnny

I am working on a remodel (which I dont often do) adding a larger living room and small balcony that will be the basis for a future stair to lower existing deck.  2 issues I am having.

1. The terrain starts to "freak" out on me when I place a terrain modifier to flatten area around pad, and

2. I placed the existing lower deck on a layer, and have that layer "off" in my 3d render view but its still showing.

Any help would be appreciated - I am forcing myself to use CA though this.

Here are pics and the file of course (please remember I am actively working on the file and its a remodel).

post-75-0-87549100-1440468507_thumb.png

ashok_mallya_residence_b.zip

Hi Johnny ,

quick note 1st ...just post the plan file without zipping it unless it's over 25mb , that way people can just click and say Open , no need to save to HD, extract, open, review , delete etc etc...

I think all you did was put the Deck Railings on a separate Layer....  ( the deck on 0 doesn't appear to be blocked or a symbol ?)  but in the 3D view you still have Framing_Deck Framing,Planks, Beams ,Posts and Beams on ...... unlike in plan view where they are off. 

The Elevation region is 9 " above the Floor of the Basement (-99), and the Concrete slab it 11" above ...is that right?  Its a walkout basement ?        perhaps not..... 

I did the opposite to Graeme...pulled the 45° part of the ER forward a little and that "spike" disappeared but I am not sure what it should look like without Photos etc. , you probably need to add extra EL's to help smooth it out if that is the issue?

M.

you used the Straight deck edge I guess not straight deck railing but CA sees them the same in Plan , it just doesn't draw the railing in 3D.

I think you would need to "block" all the deck components and put them on your new layer ....if that is possible  , it's almost as easy just to turn those 4 layers off since they are grouped in the ALDO, if you don't want to see them in a certain view.