Roof Area Schedule Package

Joe_Carrick

I am offering my Roof Area Schedule Package for $50.00

This package consists of macros to accumulate the areas of Roof Planes in a Chief Architect Plan and Display that Data in Text Boxes as formatted Schedules, etc. It stores the Data in several Ruby Global Variables that can be used by other macros to calculate and display the results of those calculations.

Here is some of the sample output:

post-47-0-68668500-1432432048_thumb.jpgpost-47-0-45332000-1432432082_thumb.jpg

The notes were simply copied from the Chief Help, These samples were done with no existing or demo roof planes, so there is no difference in the numbers at the bottom, but if there had been either of those categories present the calculations would be apparent.

This can be used on any new or existing Chief Plan versions X6 & X7. I have not checked it on version X5 or prior.

If you wish to purchase, PM me with your email address and I will create a Paypal Funds Request.

You said you have other packages also, what are they and how much?

There will be the following:

1.  Roof Area Schedule: ------------------   $50.00

2.  Floor & Total Living Areas -----------    $50.00

3.  Openings (Doors & Windows) ------ $150.00

4.  Site and Building Area Analysis: --- $200.00

All four for $350.00

I will be putting together a video of each.

I still need to do the documentation and instructions for the last 2 but I should have them all available by June 1st.

do you have one available that reads an external text file and can populate user defined macros

e.g.

client name = xx

client address = yy

wall cladding = zz

wall framing = sg8 90x45 timber

etc

Yes, but I have it reading specifically named files in my Project Folder.  The data I'm loading is various Consultant Names, Addresses, Contact Info, etc.

There is no reason that can't be set up to the data you want to retrieve.  Basically each named piece of data is just a line in a text file.  Edit the Text File, read it from Chief with a macro and the data will have been updated in Chief (I would assign the data to to Ruby Global Variable that various macros would use to perform calculations and display).

In order to set this up I will need to know something about your Project and Layout File organization and what data you need to have available for your macros.  Then I can give you a cost for whatever level of assistance you need.  If it's properly set up it will only take a couple of macros - but one of them would need to be very custom.

• 3 weeks later...

I purchased these macros and they are proving to be a time saver already.

One of the best things is that knowledge of programming a macro in NOT needed.  Now, I do have just a little bit of knowledge....but to someone who doesn't have the knowledge, it would just be placing the macro in the label.

With the openings macro, I don't need to manually calc out the glazing percentage...it is automatic.  

My biggest client loves the roof macro.  It take just a little more setup...but again...no programming macros...just inserting and changing each roof plane with it's own line weight and each roof plane is clearly identified with it's own information listed as you see in the picture above.  Easy- Peasy!

SqFt display is also great.  Joe is tweaking a few things to my liking, but it is the same concept...No programming!

The only thing that I wasn't aware of (and to me isn't a big deal) is that for it to display nicely, you need to use a "fixed font" similar to "courier new".

• 2 weeks later...