Can't See Roof In 3D

ladycoralie

Hello,

I'm trying to build a roof using the auto build method. I have checked the box that says build roof planes and auto build in the dialogue box, but nothing is showing in the 3D view. All of the walls are the same height. I'm not sure what the issue is. Can someone help please?

Thanks.

Attach your plan file. It is difficult to say what your issue is without seeing your plan. Or, are you displaying the Roof Planes layer?

When you go to attach your plan, close the file in CA before attaching. Also, after you browse for the file it is not yet uploaded. The actual upload requires a second button that will be apparent after you see the dialogue button. In the post options to the right and below where I am now typing you will see "More Reply Options". You want more.

If you are using X7 it could be video card problems search this site for video card problems, as they have been answered.

If you can see the walls in 3d then that is not the problem so make sure the roof layer is set to display in 3d.

If not then upload your file and the man above may fix it for you.

Attach your plan file. It is difficult to say what your issue is without seeing your plan. Or, are you displaying the Roof Planes layer?

When you go to attach your plan, close the file in CA before attaching. Also, after you browse for the file it is not yet uploaded. The actual upload requires a second button that will be apparent after you see the dialogue button. In the post options to the right and below where I am now typing you will see "More Reply Options". You want more.

If you are using X7 it could be video card problems search this site for video card problems, as they have been answered.

If you can see the walls in 3d then that is not the problem so make sure the roof layer is set to display in 3d.

If not then upload your file and the man above may fix it for you.

Hi Gawdzira and mthd97, I've tried checking the display in 3D and so far it looks like it should be displaying but it still doesn't in practice. I'm using x6. I went to layer set management and checked everything I could find in roofs to display via roofs and 3D framing. I don't think it is my video card as the walls display fine. I can't seem to upload my plan as I keep getting an error:

The Peak.plan

Upload Skipped (Error302)

It is under the 25mb as it is 7.5. The basic uploader doesn't work either. :huh:

The layer to look for is "Roof Planes". Which camera did you select? Are you using the floor overview? Floor overview excludes the roof.

AHA! That's it. Thank you Thank you Thank you! I know it must be a simple thing to you, but I'm just learning this program and I couldn't figure it out. Thanks again! :D