The Plan Note (Key) Schedule From A Plant Schedule Video

DRAWZILLA

Is it possible to save the 'Plan Note' symbol to the library with the 'specify label radio' button checked?  It keeps reverting to automatic label; I don't want to have to check specify label each time.

Thanks Joe and Perry,

This would make a nice workshop topic.  Macros, automation of plan notes, ruby????

Maureen,

I have not found a way to do that.  I named my Symbol Plan Note so at least it gives me an indication of what it's used for.  AFAIK, there's no way to save a Symbol to the Library with that option checked.

if you use Perry's Plant method , not Joe's 1/8" box symbol Method , it stays checked , I switched back for that reason.

M.

That's very interesting.  It appears that Chief's Plants are a special type or Library Object - Plant Image that has the Label stored with it.

I've been unable to find any way of creating such an item but I'll keep trying.

I am new to this Tip Joe so you might want double check me, maybe my box symbol was made wrong? , I liked your idea of the box rather than plant so tried it but found the same issue as Maureen so switched back to my (Perry's Plant) other Plan Note symbol .

M.

Mick,

You are totally correct.  Chief's Plant Images have a Label assigned to them in the Library.  There is no other Library Object that I know of that has a Label.  For all the other Chief Library Objects, the Label defaults when placed in a Plan to the Symbol Name.

• 3 months later...

Thought i'd bump this topic rather than start a new thread on the Plan Notes Plant schedule Tip and keep all the info in one thread.....

I have used Joe's idea of the plan notes in a cad detail , and after going to check it after adding a new note or two , I discovered the fact I placed 420 plants in the plan too ...oops, so am wondering if there is a trick for filtering the notes too one schedule and plants to another , or is this not possible with this Plan Notes Tip?

Layers perhaps?

..........oops, so am wondering if there is a trick for filtering the notes too one schedule and plants to another ,.......

A wild guess......  I believe I can have several schedules for windows,  a schedule for windows on first floor and another schedule for windows on second floor.

Using that logic,  I wonder if you can put the "plants/plan notes" on the 14th  floor and the PLANT on the ground floor.

Have not checked,  just a guess.

A wild guess......  I believe I can have several schedules for windows,  a schedule for windows on first floor and another schedule for windows on second floor.

Using that logic,  I wonder if you can put the "plants/plan notes" on the 14th  floor and the PLANT on the ground floor.

Have not checked,  just a guess.

That won't work.  You can have a "Notes Schedule" for each floor individually or one for all floors.

The Plants would have to be on a Floor that you didn't have a "Notes Schedule".

The other alternative would be to use some other Schedule which you didn't otherwise need ("Furniture" perhaps) for the "Plan Notes" but this doesn't work quite as well.  The ideal would be for CA to give us a "Plan Notes" specific schedule.  Maybe I can create a macro to use instead of a "Schedule" but other than using external file(s) to store the notes I don't see how.

Well since you lot were no help :P    I had to figure it out myself :lol:    ......just joking ....chill  ,

I discovered this looking at Perry's 1 schedule per floor method , and this works in my particular case , but wouldn't work for everyone I guess depending on the size of the Plan and where you have your Plan Notes placed.

Use the Floor setting , 1 in both cases , AND Room settings , NOT "ALL" .

- In the Plant Schedule set it to  "NOT IN A ROOM"   (ie all garden plants/trees)

- In the Plan Notes Schedule set the Room as Needed , in my case the Ensuite.

Of course this works fine for a small Bathroom Reno like this Job, perhaps not so well for larger jobs ( or you have Notes on the Exterior as many would) but then again it may not hurt to have a Plan Notes Schedule for each Room on larger Jobs too.

Perhaps JC or P. can suggest some refinements ? this is still kinda new to me...but seems to work fine.

post-315-0-79208800-1435183008_thumb.jpgpost-315-0-16931100-1435183022_thumb.jpg

post-315-0-10614600-1435183390_thumb.jpg

Very nice Mick, you did it. This just came up the other day with me. A city wanted me to place drought resistant plants in the driveway(5' x 25') area and couldn't create a plant schedule for that, ( which I never do). I guess I'll need to start using a plant schedule b/c here in Calif. we now have to deal with plants and fruits and nuts.