Stair Madness? :)

ACADuser

I saw a video explaining how to show part of the stair from the second floor & part from the first floor & now that I need it, where has it gone?

Also I want to put text with the stair data, rise run ets., in the section view. Is there a stair table to be used?

Thanks

HI ADCADUSER. This isn't the video, but a link to a thread where Glennw had a good solution using the layer sets and using different "stairs within the stairs "(setting the bottom and top heights so that they perform as if they were one stair with different  stair subsections). Here is a link:https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/2295-fantastic-new-solution-found-re-how-do-you-show-partial-open-railing-stairs-and-how-to-show-the-door-to-the-basement-stairs-underneath/ HOpe this helps.

Phyllis

When I need to make a stair object with exactitude, I commonly do a "View to CAD" of the stair cross section camera view that I can then micro-manage as a 2D CAD Detail. This allows me to show exact reser dimensions, Tread depth, rise angle and being a 2D CAD detail, it stays put as such (I can control each line and closed poly-line as I choose).

Where I am not required to do this, I just use a dynamic saved camera view (cross section) and add text and dimensions as necessary. Both ways work. one is a little more trouble when total exactness is required.

DJP

Thanks for the tip.

The dimensions are critical and I have had to move them at least 3 times due to changes in the room layouts.

When they stop moving I will need to create a presentation set with part of each flight showing on the 2nd floor.

For now I changes the 2nd floor stair layer name so I can toggle it off & on.

So there is no stair schedule or table to show rise/run & number of treads?

Thanks for the tip.

The dimensions are critical and I have had to move them at least 3 times due to changes in the room layouts.

When they stop moving I will need to create a presentation set with part of each flight showing on the 2nd floor.

For now I changes the 2nd floor stair layer name so I can toggle it off & on.

I generally do a "view to cad" of the elevation, clean it up and show what I want. Then show this information in a text box in the elevation (cad).

I use reference text macros to label stairs.   Using Ruby to retrieve the stair data and format the text provides me with a very complete & accurate description of them and includes the up arrow. post-47-0-56532100-1415281626_thumb.jpg

Yes Joe that is what I expected CA to provide seeing how automated the software is supposed to be. :)

Thanks Tommy that will be my last step. But in the design phase the stairs keep moving so to speak.

I added a closet under the first floor stair & now every time I mess with the stair they jump inside the closet & I have to reposition them.

PITA, can I turn that off?

Problem with plan view is stair from 2nd to 3rd floor is longer than 1st floor stair.

So in plan view of the 2nd floor the top of the stair covers the 2nd floor landing & confuses everyone who looks at it.

post-2435-0-84987100-1415286295_thumb.png

post-2435-0-14247700-1415286315_thumb.png