Just Opened X6 On My Mac And All Libraries Are Empty.

SusanC

I switched from the pc version to the Mac version of X6 last week so I'm a newbie to all of the subtle differences.  

I was working this afternoon with no issues, left for awhile and came back to my plan, clicked on one of my libraries and found that they were all completely empty.  I tried rebooting, but no luck.  Has anyone else had this issue?  

• Downvote 1

Whether PC or Mac, core libraries, bonus and Manufacturer libraries must be manually downloaded and installed by the end user (Go to "Library" and in the drop down select "Install Core Libraries" ), Then if you like more content can be had from the Chief Architect Website - Content page.

DJP

Thanks.  I have a ticket into tech support and trying to figure out what the problem is.  The libraries had all been working fine for a week and then all of a sudden they were gone.  It's not the filter, I've already checked that.  

Another odd behavior happens when I click on the magnifying glass - the list of catalogs disappears completely.

Thank you everyone.  I re-downloaded the Core Catalogs and I found my User Catalog using the Finder.  The Manufacturer Catalogs and the Bonus Catalogs I will re-download off the website.

:)

I have Time Machine set up to my Time Capsule and that is actually where I found my User Library, but did not find other libraries in there. 

Fyi for everyone, Tech Support wanted to try a few more things to figure out the problem but I had already re-downloaded my Libraries.  If this happens again, I will spend more time back and forth with them to see if we can figure out what causes this.  Hopefully this won't happen again!

I have Time Machine set up to my Time Capsule and that is actually where I found my User Library, but did not find other libraries in there. 

Fyi for everyone, Tech Support wanted to try a few more things to figure out the problem but I had already re-downloaded my Libraries.  If this happens again, I will spend more time back and forth with them to see if we can figure out what causes this.  Hopefully this won't happen again!

My Time Machine also uses Time Capsule.  I just checked, I was able to see my CA Libraries back to Feb, 22, 2014

If you go back and they are not there, it's possible they were not installed properly.  I don't know why.

Open Time Machine now and check to see if they are there.   Give Time Capsule a few seconds to bring them up.