How do I make a texture like this

raltd9245

Go to solution Solved by glennw,

there was a Hardi Panel topic a couple of weeks ago , a search should find it....

they were using the new Wall Region Tool to create the recessed lines between panels...

or do you mean just the surface texture of hardi panel type products?

M.

This is a project that didn't sell awhile back. The owner wanted this look based on a photo of a building that he liked. I tried a couple of things and ended up just using polyline solid panels. I think Glennw did something similar with wall material regions. I preferred working with the panels.

post-69-0-14757300-1400364297_thumb.jpg

I did post a while back about using the Wall Material Region to do this.

I have tried searching, but can't find the thread.

There is a slim chance it may have been on the old forum.

From memory, the method used the Wall Material Region with one No Material Layer set to Cut Finish Layers from Parent Object. 

Your main wall definition should have the outside layer set to the hardi-panel material.

The Wall Material Region was then sized to the size of the recessed joints where it then cut away the hardi-panel.

I would like to make a texture for Hadree Panels, any ideas?

Ron,

Here's an alternative.  It's a Panel Symbol that hangs on the wall.  It has a 1/2" reveal all around it and you can stretch it to whatever size you need.  The panels will but up against each other.

IMO, it's not perfect but it seems to be easier than the Wall Material Region.

Wall Panel.zip

• Upvote 2

Ron,

Here's an alternative.  It's a Panel Symbol that hangs on the wall.  It has a 1/2" reveal all around it and you can stretch it to whatever size you need.  The panels will but up against each other.

IMO, it's not perfect but it seems to be easier than the Wall Material Region.

Joe,

I imported it changed layer and material then put in in the plan.and it works great. I* agree much better then Material Region. Thanks much.

Ron